Enterprise Managed AWS Cloud Services
Akkodis offers a managed services approach in three ways: with our staff physically embedded at your sites, or centrally from the Akkodis Service Center closest to you, or from our Global Operations locations. On-site, On-shore, Near-shore, Off-shore.
Certified operations expertise
Our Managed Services teams are staffed by engineers carrying the AWS SysOps Administrator – Associate certification, AWS DevOps Engineer – Professional certifiction, both, and more! With years of experience, and the distilled wisdom that comes from running mission critical, high security, government and enterprise authoritative and line-of-business workloads with minimal downtime and strict Service Level Agreements in place for availability, Akkodis is able to capably run and maintain client digital workloads running in the AWS Cloud.
When it comes to long-term operations, maintenance and security uplift, it is only long-term engagements that give you the clarity to anticipate what comes next. Akkodis has been operating AWS Cloud Managed Services for enterprises and government since 2014.
Akkodis is the hands-on-keyboard curators of our client’s digital systems, and our client’s retain ownership of the workloads, data, and AWS accounts. While Akkodis can wrap up your Cloud costs into our invoice, we are happy to have full transparency: Akkodis manages and optimises the AWS Cloud costs for you, working with your procurement and IT operations teams, but you pay your AWS invoices directly to AWS.
Akkodis manages workloads under strict industry and government compliance requirements, including strong security not just of data in flight, but at rest, through the data lifecycle from creation and usage, to backups and destruction.
We work seamlessly with the [Akkodis] team – even though they are our service provider, our strong working relationships make us one team.
[Akkodis] have a broad technical skill base to compliment high level strategic consultancy to advise their clients. They have been a critical part of Landgate’s strategic ICT Roadmap and a key stakeholder/driver.
The engagement we had was highly beneficial to not only the project but also the OT team in helping us grow our understanding of cloud design. No 10 for recommendations only because the service would need to be essentially free and be ground breaking, ie I pretty much never give 10.
[Akkodis] have provided qualified and experienced [people] that have been extremely useful to our transition to cloud. I have been impressed with their knowledge and how they continuously upskill to ensure they are abreast of changes in the AWS landscape.
[Akkodis] are always happy and fast to respond to any queries we have had, and have the AWS expertise to always find a solution that meets our requirements
I have interacted with [Akkodis] on many occasions since early 2020 to get AWS Security administration support. I have found all [Akkodis] staff to be responsive and helpful at all times. I would recommend them to others.
On-site managed services
We can offer a full-service, on-site support and operations teams for your organization. Our experience in application development and application support means Akkodis has the understanding and capability to monitor, maintain and fix issues with IT systems.
Our on-site dedicated Enterprise AWS Cloud Managed Services often consists of:
- Service Delivery Manager
- AWS Cloud Lead
- Optional: Cyber Security Analysts
- Optional: Network Engineers
- Optional: Enterprise Architects
Workload operations teams, who look after specific digital solutions, with any of:
Our on-site teams work to our client’s preferred ticketing and problem management solutions, use our client’s preferred change management. If you don’t have these, we’d be happy to help select, implement and operate suitable solutions for your organisation.
Your Akkodis Managed Services team can be fully responsible for:
- AWS Infrastructure architecture and implementation
- Advice for other business units on their architecture and implementation
- AWS Account Management Structures design and implementation
- Tagging policies for billing and cost allocation purposes
- Framework for shadow IT to fall into governance review and observability
- Digital workload architecture and technology stack governance and alignment
- Advice and management of Direct Connect fibre connections, VPNs, DNS, Firewalls, WAFs, etc.
- FinOps: cost management, cost savings strategies, Savings Plans, Reservations
- Virtual machine patching, operating system upgrades
- Deployment automation (scripting, templating and DevOps); CloudFormation for new, and retrofitted for older workloads
- AWS Security Hub and AWS Inspector deployment and routine review
- Technology deprecation management (TLS, runtime verisons, database versions, OS versions, etc)
- New AWS cloud service offering reviews: identify changes, deprecations, and new opportunities for innovation to the benefit of our client
- Source code migrations from local solutions to Code Commit (or other Source Code Management (SCM) systems)
- Full-stack development and deployment for bespoke systems. Java, .Net, and other languages supported
- Full-stack operations of 3rd party COTS solutions, from small point solutions, to large ecosystem products (eg, ESRI ArcGIS)
- Ongoing Cloud migration services
Akkodis Service Center
The Akkodis Service Center is a centralized virtual helpdesk, staffed out of the Akkodis offices across multiple timezones and countries.
Our team remotely assists clients with all manner of operational support enquiries, and by way of secured remote access to client environments, can mediate issues and work them to resolution, all under an ITIL process with ServiceNow issue management tracking.
This service is suitable for smaller, less critical, individual applications.Contact Akkodis to find out more⧉